Monday, January 6, 2014

shelter island

I am not one for big New Years eve parties. maybe it means I am getting older but my perfect way to ring in the new year would be to take off to a small island like this one (this place works just fine too), or to cook up a meal with good friends and hunker down by the fire. This year I got to do the later. We rented this beauty and invited some pals to join us and it was one of the most memorable new years eve's yet....and guess who we have to thank for that...Storm Hercules!  Shelter island is a real gem of a place, it still maintains this beautiful campy vibe that much of the Hamptons and Montauk have lost. it was pretty desolate in the best way possible, sunset beach was closed for the season and even the dory bar right by the ferry. it was a great place to spend the years end and felt a bit like magic waking up to the photos below. I hope you enjoy! 



























No comments:

Post a Comment