Tuesday, October 1, 2013

ISA show


I have spent the Summer working as an artist in resident at ISA, an amazing restaurant in Williamsburg run by Taavo Somer who also owns Freeman's Alley, Freemans Sporting club, Peels and some other cool operations across this beautiful city of New York.  I was given the 3rd floor to work in and it was one of the coolest experiences.  creating art can be somewhat lonely and I have always sort of enjoyed the solitude of it but this experience made me more excited about being in a community of people in the creative industry. I loved hearing sounds from the kitchen and popping down to the bar mid day for an iced coffee and a kale salad and a chat with fellow artists and/or designers that always seemed to be in the restaurant.  I hope to bring this sort of community vibe to my new studio (which I just signed a lease for in bushwick).  The pictures below are from my final show that culminated my residency.  Thank you ISA for an amazing Summer.









No comments:

Post a Comment