Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Working at ISA

I am working on some collages at isa. Thought it would be fun to show the process a bit. 

 I didn't take pics of the part where I make the collage materials themselves. For that I take pieces of used items (plastic bags, old paint rags, used tissue paper etc) and make new patterns on them by painting them or cutting them--transforming them just slighting so that you still see the original form but not totally. 

Second I like to scatter the collage material on the floor like this:

Then I put it all together in various forms like this:

And this:

I have some ideas for the future for working super super large. For now these are great for fleshing out some ideas. I've been having a lot of fun working above a restaurant. There is something nice knowing there is someone not to far chopping and prepping!



No comments:

Post a Comment